I had no class today and had the urge to spend the entire day baking….so that’s exactly what I did! I wanted to try out a healthy dessert recipe and decided to go for black bean brownies. I have tried to make some in the past but they never came out…always too dry or too “beany” etc. FINALLY I have found a good black bean brownie recipe! I found the recipe on chocolatecoveredkatie.com and adapted it a bit and it came out great! The texture is like SILK IN YOUR MOUTH. No joke! Seriously so smooth and chocolately and amazing…im drooling just thinking about them. As you can see from the pictures, I decided to bake mine in muffin tins (an 8×8 pan seemed slightly too large and I didn’t want thin brownies as a result so I just went for the muffin tin). The recipe only uses a few ingredients and made 8 macro friendly brownies :). 92 calories, 13C/10P/1F per brownie. Hope yall enjoy and tag me on insta if you make them!
- one can black beans
- 1/3 cup sugar free pancake syrup
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 scoops chocolate protein (I used this brand from Complete Nutrition called Annex. Its a mix of different kinds of protein…sooo not quite sure whether it would be best to use whey or casein or a blend as a best substitute. Here is the link to what I used! https://www.completenutrition.com/sports-nutrition/annex/)
- 3 tb Hershey’s dark cocoa powder
- 10 packets Splenda
- Throw everything a food processor and mix it up until smooth. Pour into muffin tins or a baking pan and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.